Saturday, December 2, 2006

Out of my element...


OK, so anyone who has ever met me can testify that I'm not 100% like your typical girl. Granted, I have my "girlie" tendencies like everyone else, but there are a few things that I just don't get in "girl world."


While I'm slowly learning to appreciate kids and think they're cute most of the time I am SO completely not baby oriented. We've had clinics where we've done health screenings and all that on them and honestly, they stress me out! There's no order, you have no idea what's wrong with them if they're crying because they can't tell you and frankly, you just lose all control. :) I know most of you are probably laughing at this, but I am such a control freak and I like things to go as planned! Not so with kids.... (which, seeing God's sense of humor so far in my life probably means that someday I will have kids of my own.... :) )


Anyway, I am not opposed to kids or even having them one day, but right now they just stress me out, as previously mentioned.


Well, our "boss" of the Ambassadors at school is pregnant and having her first child in January and we decided to throw a baby shower for her. I went to shop for her shower gift the other day and found out she was registered at Baby's R Us. No problem...I've been in Toys 'R Us before....can't be that much different, right?? WHOA!!! I was WAY out of my element there....I was wandering around like a guy in a craft fair (or me in a craft fair for that matter..."I don't do crafts!") COMPLETELY lost. There were things I saw there that I don't even know what the heck they were for! I had to laugh at myself, because honestly, a store filled with baby things really shouldn't freak me out that much, but I had no idea where to even start!


Thankfully, one of the women that worked there eventually saw me and rescued me from myself. She asked me what I was looking for, and I laughed and told her that honestly I really didn't know what most of the stuff on the registry was and I was OK with getting whatever. :) I know, a very personal and thoughtful gift right? :) She was able to show me to a few things and I was able to get out of there in a relatively pain-free amount of time.


OK, maybe that's not that funny to most (or any) of you, but I found it amusing and thought I would share!

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

You are hilarious! In some things, we are complete opposites! I love Babies 'R Us I just can't go there because its bad on my wallet :)

Sarah B said...

sounds like me sometimes...im slowly getting used to all elements of babie..remind me to tell you the biting story when you come home next...fun stuff